Not seeing real time data?

Zaphod B

Not seeing real time data?

Post by Zaphod B »

I installed my ecu with the end user board today but I am not seeing the real time data (rpms for instance) in the software, and logging or recording both don't seem to get any data. I show that I am connected and the usb drivers all seem to be installed correctly. Car runs fine and no error codes if that helps at all...

Any help is appreciated!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Not seeing real time data?

Post by KTuner »

If it says connected and not logging then you are still running on factory software.
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

Oh, ok. I downloaded the file for the at element in the database and the car won't start, go back to the original and it starts fine.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I don't know what you mean here since downloading is retrieving the data from the ECU, you're going to have to be more specific.
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

Sorry, I used download instead of upload.
I initially downloaded the basemap off of the ecu so I had the original file that I started with, which from an earlier response from you is the factory settings because I was not seeing real time data. Then I went to new file got the base map creator, selected 03-06 element Factory pad at, clicked next, the software generated the file which I then Uploaded to the ecu. I followed the prompts to turn the car on and off waiting in between and with the factory base map provided in the software the car just turns over & never starts. I put the original base map back on and she cranks right up.

Thanks, I appreciate your help, especially on a Sunday!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Is this an ECU you bought as a kit that was flashed by a dealer? If so then you need to disable immobilizer on any new files you create.

You have a red revision 0b board?
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

The board looks to be purple to me.

I bought the ecu from a salvage yard locally and sent it to a dealer to be fitted with your board. I thought he was going to reflash it for me but it appears he forgot?

I did not notice the option to disable the immobilizer, I will take a peek and see if I can find the option.
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

I found the option to disable the immobilizer, car starts and runs fine but still no real time data? Is the factory base calibration in the basemap creator not what I need? I see a reflash for a manual but I have an auto.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That is what you need. I'll look into it and make any necessary changes for the next beta build.
Zaphod B

Post by Zaphod B »

Thanks!

Return to “KTuner Software”