Ktuner Starter vs. Stage Maps

andreionut_negulescu

Ktuner Starter vs. Stage Maps

Post by andreionut_negulescu »

Hello Ktuner!

I am not here to ask you what the difference is between the two, I've seen the topics. One thing, however, is still not clear to me: you always say that base maps are the safe ones. Are the starter maps also considered 'base maps' or only the Stage ones?

In the sense that, if I choose, for instance, Starter 21PSI and I only edit the quick adjustments, is that a safe tune? Is there anything in the Quick Adjustments that can render it unsafe?

I have been unable to find an answer to this question in the forum, and I have been driving for the past 5 months on starter 21PSI with stuff set to aggressive on tune 3 (OTF), assuming that it's the same as a Stage 2 map, but with the option for OTF switching to something similar to Stage 1 (Tune 2) and stock (Tune 1). But just now I was looking at the starter 21 boost by gear limits table and I saw that in most gears it goes up to 33PSI. That is way above what is healthy for the engine, right?

My ideal configuration would be to have something equivalent to Stage 2 on Tune 3 (OTF), Stage 1 on Tune 2 (OTF), and Stock on Tune 1 (OTF).

I own a EU spec Civic 1.5T Hatchback.

Also, when I bought the Ktuner here in the Netherlands, the dealer advised me to not use the Stage 2 map because it dramatically reduces engine life, however, everywhere on the forums you say that it is safe. Is it because there's a difference between the US model that you test on and the EU model that he is familiar with?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Ktuner Starter vs. Stage Maps

Post by KTuner »

All of the available built in maps are base maps. Pushing options to aggressive take it beyond the basemap, but there's nothing we have that will cause damage. These tunes and options have been used for over four years without incidents. See the CivicX reliability thread for more followup on what others are running and how long they've been running it.

It's not a Boost by gear TARGET. Boost by gear LIMITS being set above the actual boost targets (21 for instance) mean there's nothing being limited in that gear.

Refer to the CivicX Reliability thread. In the four years we've had these tunes available we've not seen any dramatic reduction in engine life.
andreionut_negulescu

Post by andreionut_negulescu »

Thank you very much!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem!

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”