K series IACV ECT sensitive?

RABOOST

K series IACV ECT sensitive?

Post by RABOOST »

Is the K sereis IACV sensitive to coolant temp reading if there is air bubble in the cooling system?

The reason I ask this is because of an erratic idle issue that Iam having, as I look at the real time logging the ECT holds steady at 190-195F when fan kicks on, I do believe there is air bubble in my line and going to bleed it soon once my air bubble funnel kit arrives so I can properly bleed my coolant system but I would like to know if there is any adverse effect that would directly affect my idle if there is indeed a bubble on my coolant lines since the IACV has coolant lines. Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K series IACV ECT sensitive?

Post by KTuner »

Unfortunately I don't see how you're relating the two things to each other so I'm unable to answer.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

what I mean this: Is there some sort of temperature sensor built into the IACV of the K series that I dont know about that is totally independent in determining the actual engine coolant temp to control the TARGET IDLE or it is totally dependent on the coolant temperature sensor of the engine?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No, there's no additional sensor in the IACV.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

OK that's all I needed to know, thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

By the way, only reason I asked this is because there was erratic up and down idle. Bought a new IACV and idle is in control now.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I understand. That's excellent news. :)

Return to “KTuner Software”