91+ Octane Basemap Tune???

justindaniels

91+ Octane Basemap Tune???

Post by justindaniels »

Hi, I have a 2017 V6 Accord Coupe Touring and a Ktuner V1.2. My car has NO physical mods at all, and I have merely used K-Tuner to disable VCM, lower VTEC by 100 RPM, remove the speed limiter, improve shifting, increase the rev limiter by 250 RPM and remap throttle response. I have been using the factory basemap tune as my starting point.

Is there any way to get a 91+ octane basemap tune? The only 91 octane tunes included appear to be for modified vehicles with at least an intake/exhaust. I am not planning on doing any physical mods at this time, but would like a factory equivalent basemap with just a little more power (than the 89 basemap tune) to take advantage of using 91+ octane fuel.

Thank you in advance for any help regarding this.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 91+ Octane Basemap Tune???

Post by KTuner »

That's the modifications that the tune supports up to. Not required. The factory starting point will adjust knock control for better fuel, if that's all you're looking for.
justindaniels

Post by justindaniels »

So, you're saying it is perfectly fine then to run the 91 octane tune completely stock (for a little more power) with no physical mods, just 91 octane fuel, correct?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yes. You will still see some gain without the parts, but the tune supports up to those parts as was directly tested.

Return to “13-17 Accord V6 Specific”